The Medical Marijuana in Massachusetts System requires a yearly renewal and fee. The $50.00 and renewal process must be completed by the date the MMJ notifies you of via email.
Mass MMJ Renewal Overview
If you are directed by the MMJ System notifications email to renew you will need to log in to the system. If you see these instructions once logged in then you can proceed. If not you may need to contact the MMJ system by phone.
Instructions: Your medical provider, after a thorough assessment of your health, believes you may benefit from medical use of marijuana for your debilitating disease. Your medical provider has renewed your certification on-line and now you need to renew your registration with the Medical Use of Marijuana Online System. Please follow the detailed instructions below:
- Step 1: Click on the “Proceed” button below to begin the renewal process.
- Step 2: Review the registration information you previously entered into the system and make any necessary changes..
- Step 3: Read and agree to the attestations by clicking check box next to the stated requirements.
- Step 4: Click the “Proceed” button to continue the renewal process.
Note: There is a 30 minute timeout for the MMJ System. Any information that has not been saved will be erased.
Form of Payment For Medical Marijuana Card
There is a $50 fee to complete a patient registration.
Acceptable forms of payment include:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Bank account number and bank routing number
- If you are registering with a paper form, a check or money order payable to “The Commonwealth of Massachusetts”. Your check or money order must be included with the paper registration forms.
If you have a verified financial hardship, you may be qualified for a registration fee waiver. You are considered to have a verified financial hardship if you are a recipient of MassHealth, or Supplemental Security Income, or your income does not exceed 300% of the federal poverty level. In order to apply for a registration fee waiver, you must submit proof of verified financial hardship.
Proof of verified financial hardship includes the following:
- MassHealth card
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefit verification letter
- State or federal tax return from this year or last year
- SNAP Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) statement from the current year
It is very important that you understand that this procedure must be completed every year. Most Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Cards are good for 3 years but the fee must be paid every year.